Tuesday, November 22, 2011

2 days till Thanksgiving! [pumpkin bread]

Moran's Famous Pumpkin Bread [Rachel Moran]

Well, I discovered that getting sick and having a daughter who's teething will pretty much wipe me out now, hence the absence of 2 pumpkin recipes. Oh well. Rebekah Martin posted this recipe earlier this fall, and since it uses applesauce instead of oil, I decided to give it a shot. The result? I probably shouldn't divulge how many loaves we've already consumed this year... :-P

Ingredients (my modifications in italics...)

3 1/2 cups flour
2 1/2 cups sugar (original recipe calls for 3 cups)
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 cup applesauce
4 eggs
20 oz pumpkin puree (about 2 1/2 cups)

Directions
  1. In a large mixing bowl, mix dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking soda, spices, chocolate chips). Make a well.
  2. Add wet ingredients (applesauce, eggs, pumpkin). Mix and divide batter into 3 greased loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
Today I'm thankful for sleep and Zicam! Getting more sleep has definitely helped me the last couple days. I need to get better before we host our first big Thanksgiving dinner...

No comments:

Post a Comment