Wednesday, March 17, 2010

*deep breath*

When we were courting, Luke's family took me to the hot springs in Thermopolis, which had a ten-foot diving board. We watched a kid climb the steps up to the board, walk to the edge, and chicken out at least a dozen times, despite the fact that everyone in the pool was cheering him on.

Sometimes I feel like that kid. I walk to the edge, but before I leap, I think through all the reasons why I shouldn't. I wonder how it'll look to everyone else, what they might say.

On Tuesday, March 16, 2010, my husband came home without a job. Over the last couple days, God has pushed us over the edge-- and we don't know how far down we're going to fall.

Some people might think it's tacky to blog about something that's still so raw. But this is reality for millions of people-- and Luke encouraged me to blog about it, if only to help me process this new chapter in our family history.

So for the brave souls who want a glimpse into the gritty details of life after employment as it plays out in our household, you can read about it in my new blog here. We will definitely appreciate your prayers.

So ready or not... *deep breath*... it's time to take the plunge.

2 comments:

  1. Rahul just got a job this week after almost 9 months of unemployment. It was really tough, but amazing to see how God provided for us all along the way. You guys aren't alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be praying for you guys! You all are great friends and miss having you guys around!

    ReplyDelete